Release 26 New Features
Move Records Only Layout
This week we published a new export template. The Move Records Only Layout exports all fields but only includes records where move data was found. This will include all 0-48 month moves and any move, no forwarding addresses. To access this template, navigate to your Export page, by clicking the Export button at the top of your file page.
You will then be navigated to the Export Page. To update your Export Template, navigate to the Default Layout dropdown and select the layout you want to export. Once you have selected your export template, review the fields and then click the Download Button at the top of your page.
The USPS prefers addresses in the upper case format for OCR readability. As a result they return all NCOA data in upper case. TrueNCOA by default also outputs NCOA files in upper case.
Since this is not a strict requirement for the USPS, and because this is not always a desirable format for updating your database, TrueNCOA also allows you to select a proper-case version of each template.
Here are the export templates available for use:
- Default Layout: This layout includes all of the fields you have come to expect on a TrueNCOA export.
- Mailable Records Layout: This layout returns all records that are considered deliverable by the USPS. These include all Current and Active records and exclude vacants, invalids, and failed DPV records.
- Non-Mailable Records Layout: This layout returns all records that are considered non-deliverable by the USPS. These include all Historical records and Active records that failed DPV records, vacants and invalids.
- Updated Records Layout: This layout returns all records that were updated by the DPV and NCOA process. These records should be updated in your database. These records include Current records and records that have been standardized to the USPS preference.
- Basic Layout: This layout returns your top level fields needed to make your database update decisions. The fields returned include name fields, address fields, vacant, invalid, residential delivery indicator, and move data.
- Move Records Only Layout: This layout returns all fields but only includes records where move data was found. This will include all 0-48 month moves and any move, no forwarding addresses.