Getting Started with the API
The API (Application Programming Interface) is free for developers to write code to integrate our product into their product. If you're a CRM, content provider, mailshop, or service bureau, you can use the API to improve your products for your customers.
Need your NCOA report right now? Visit this page (truencoa.com/getting-started) to see how to get started immediately. You'll be done in minutes, and it won't cost you a dime to view your report.
- Get an account. Register your account in our testing environment to get started immediately - app.testing.truencoa.com or simply use your existing app.truencoa.com login. We recommend using a separate API account to ensure it cannot be locked out accidentally.
- Code it up. View our samples, download the source to our working command-line interface (CLI). We support all languages, but if you need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- POST input data. We have a fully supported sandbox environment on our testing site which is free for you to work with, so you don't waste credits. You can see your files being processed in real time by logging in while you are testing your application.
- GET records. Once the data has been processed, you can get your Report and output right away. We support a number of output formats to make it easier to work with the data (CSV/JSON).
All live/production endpoints use HTTPS (SSL), all sandbox/testing endpoints use HTTP (no SSL). Be sure you have an option to switch protocols when going live with your application if you are migrating from the sandbox/test environment to live/production.
The API operates according to the same exact process users interact with when using the web-based interface.
- Upload your data - submit your data, create your file on the fly, then add as many records at once or one at a time
- Submit your file for processing - once you've added all the records you want, submit your file and wait for it to complete
- Get your records - create an export and download all of your records at once or request a page at a time
Command Line Interface (CLI)
NEW: We just launched our command line interface (CLI) and it's open source! Click the button above or here - https://github.com/truencoa/cli. This was built using Visual Studio Community Edition, you can get that here for free: https://www.visualstudio.com/
You can also download the stand-alone application here: Command Line Interface There's a read_me.html and a batch (truencoa.bat) file in the zip file to help you through getting it up and running. It should only take about 5 minutes.
We’ve created a Postman Collection that contains all the API endpoints, including documentation. You can also view the documentation here - truencoa.com/postman-documentation
This is a quick and easy way to become more familiar with our API and how it works.